In Episode #6 we interview Keith Scruggs, a PhD student and Performance Coach from the University of South Carolina. Keith studies Motor Learning and Behavioral Sciences at USC. Keith earned his Master’s from East Tennessee State University (ETSU) working under Dr. Mike and Dr. Meg Stone. He has also served as a Performance Coach at the Lake Placid Olympic Training Center working with the Bobsled and Skeleton athletes.
In this podcast, discussion includes:
- Diversifying skills in athletics.
- How and when to give feedback.
- Early specialization and when it is appropriate to specialize in one sport.
- The role of practice variability in novice vs elite athletes.
- Improving and assessing skill retention.
You can listen to previous episodes HERE.