Another Q&A session with Mike Young on all things speed. This will be a two-part series on the research of speed and the application of speed training on the track and in the weight room.
Discussion topics in Part 1 include:
- The definition of speed as it relates to the track and field and court sports.
- Characteristics of acceleration and max velocity.
- The debate on horizontal vs. vertical forces in sprinting.
- Debunking some research on horizontal forces in sprinting.
- Posture and it’s impact on speed.