Another Q&A session with Mike Young on all things speed. This Part 2 of a two-part series on sprinting and speed development. Part 1 was a discussion of much of the current research surrounding sprinting. The second installment is complementary to Part 1 and will discuss the application of that research – how we get people fast.
Discussion topics in Part 2 include:
- Guidelines on sprint volumes and rest.
- Autoregulation of training based on speed decrement.
- Max strength qualities vs. reflexive qualities and why we need to develop the spectrum.
- Developing concentric and eccentric force generating capacity in the weight room
- Ideas on reducing overuse injuries in sprinting.
If you liked this episode, you’ll love: