See our latest ads in Vype Magazine
The next time you pick up a Vype magazine in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area be sure to check out our latest ads. Vype is the premier high school sports magazine in the country and features the top scholastic athletes from around the region.
Athletic Lab Schedules Updated
We have updated our schedules slightly and made some important changes that will affect several of our classes for the positive. Please see our online scheduling page for our new schedule. The most notable changes are the following:
- The addition of a mid-day Elite Fitness class.
- The ability for members of the Elite Fitness and Strength for Endurance Athletes classes to attend any scheduled time slot within their respective class. This gives our members greater freedom and decreases the likelihood of missed workouts due to outside obligations.
Pole Flyers Athletic Club to train at Athletic Lab
Athletic Lab is proud to announce a new partnership with Pole Flyers Athletic Club. The club will be conducting all of their training at Athletic Lab. The first two practices will be on:
- Wednesday, November 18th at 6:30-9pm
- Sunday, November 22th at 11:30am-2pm
We welcome Pole Flyers members to the premiere athletic development center in the Triangle.
All former Impact Athletics members receive 20% off
All members of Impact Athletics affected by their recent bankruptcy and closure are welcome to join any of our services at Athletic Lab and receive a 20% discount. This discount can be used on top of any existing discounts at the time of membership purchase. For those interested, please contact us directly to receive the discount. We offer free trial sessions, month-to-month plans, and guaranteed results.
Sport Preparation & Elite Fitness Discounts for November
The seasons are changing. This is true in the sporting world and with the calendar year.
Football, cross country and soccer players have wrapped up their seasons. This means it’s time to prepare for the next one. For some that might be basketball, indoor track or maybe volleyball. Regardless of your sport, preparation is the key to success. Athletic Lab would like to help. That’s why we’re offering price cuts starting in November for our Scholastic and Junior Development programs. We’ve slashed our monthly fees for the Scholastic and Junior Development programs to make sure everyone has the opportunity to prepare for a successful competitive season. The new prices are a 10-17% reduction on our normal monthly fees. This pricing scheme may not last for long but all who sign up in the month of November will lock in these prices for the next year.
But it’s not just the sport seasons transitioning. It’s also the calendar season that’s changing. The temperature is dropping and the leaves are changing color. Thanksgiving is coming and Christmas is just around the corner. For many that means holiday feasts and bulging waistlines. Don’t be caught in this trap to health and fitness purgatory. Instead, take advantage of our new pricing on the Elite Fitness Classes to get in the best shape of your life. We’ve slashed prices by as much as 42%. That’s right…you can now reach world class fitness levels under the watchful eye of one of our trained specialists for as little as $8 a session!
Elite Fitness Class: Here’s What to Expect
One of the most common questions we receive via email or phone is what to expect from our Elite Fitness class. People are wondering whether it’s appropriate for an out-of-shape individual. Or someone with an injury. Or for non-athletes. The answer is that it’s perfect for all of the above. In the Elite Fitness class, the goal is to train the everyday person, former-athletes, non-athletes and ‘weekend warrior’ types to have fitness and functional capacity levels ordinarily reserved only for highly trained athletes. The class incorporates principles of Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Crossfit, Military, and sport training in to one hybrid training protocol to allow the member to achieve higher levels of fitness than they ever have. All activities, exercises and loads are scaled so that everyone will be able to truly challenge themselves but workout safely regardless of the fitness level they enter the program with. Instruction on technique, rhythm, and method of execution is given throughout the session to ensure safety and quality of movement.
Here are two sample workouts from a recent week in the Elite Fitness class:
- Dynamic Warmup including static & dynamic flexibility work (12-15 minutes)
- Strength Development (alternate sets of squats with press with about 1’ rest following each exercise set):
- Squats: 3 x 7; 3 x 5; 3 x 3 increasing load each set
- Press Series: 3 x 5 of military press; 3 x 3 of push press; 3 x 1 of push jerk
- Partner assisted stretching series
- Dynamic Warmup with emphasis on static flexibility
- Metabolic Conditioning (for time…50 reps, 30 reps, 10 reps of each in sequence; can’t move to next exercise until all reps are completed; can be broken as needed):
- Kettlebell swing with 54 lb kettlebell
- Medicine ball (11 lbs) wall squat-n-throw (aka “wall ball”)
- Body weight core strengthening routine
- 3 minute alternating walk / jog
- Active isolated stretching routine
After only 2 weeks you’ll notice significant improvements in your fitness, body composition, and functional capacity. If you’re using the class as a means of training for another sport you’ll start to see performance gains right away as well. The class will challenge you physically and mentally but once you’ve had a taste you’ll keep coming back for more.