Final Chance to Register for USA Weightlifting Sport Performance Course
Friday February 26th is the last day to register for our upcoming USA Weightlifting Sport Performance Course. This course is a fantastic opportunity to learn the Olympic lifts in a course by the National Governing Body of the sport. The course will prepare you specifically to coach the Olympic lifts as well as other derivative movements. For more information on the course click here.
Athletic Lab to host USA Triathlon Seminar
Athletic Lab is proud to announce that they will be hosting a Triathlon seminar that is available as a USA Triathlon Continuing Education Course. The theme of the seminar is Supplemental Training for the Triathlon. Topics covered will include:
- Yoga and Flexibility Training for Triathletes
- Core and Strength Training to Benefit Triathletes
- Running Form and Speed Drill Training for Triathletes
USAT CEU Credit Course
Date: April 11, 2010
Time: 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Location: Human Performance Consulting Athletic Lab
951 Aviation Pkwy Suite 1000, Morrisville, NC 27560
More Info: Click HERE for Flyer.
- Yoga and Flexibility: Why flexibility is important.
- The right and wrong time to stretch.
- Yoga as an approach to flexibility.
- Functional core training and strength training in and out of the weight room for enhanced mechanical efficiency and improved triathlon performance.
- Running form and how speed drills and improved running mechanics can improve running performance for the triathlon.
Registration fee: $150.00 USAT Certified Coaches; $175.00 USAT Members; $200 General Public
Or mail check: Andrew Allden, Athletic Lab 951 Aviation Pkwy - Suite 1000, Morrisville, NC 27560
Include Name, Address, Email, Home and Cell Phone and USAT # if applicable.
Congratulations to our State Champions
Athletic Lab would like to congratulate our client Cassie Crawford for winning the women’s pole vault at the North Carolina State Championships this past weekend. Cassie’s jump of 11’6” was an indoor track personal best. In addition to Cassie, a half dozen other athletes who train at Athletic Lab as part of Pole Flyers pole vault club had dominant showings at the meet. Lead by Tyler Ankarstran, five Pole Flyers placed among the top seven boys.