Athletic Lab to host Soccer Fitness Clinic with Dr. Mike Young of the MLS
Who: All soccer players and coaches!
What: Athletic Lab Soccer Fitness training clinic with Dr. Mike Young of the Vancouver Whitecaps (MLS)
When: Sunday, July 29th 12-3pm
Where: Athletic Lab - 1823 NW Maynard Rd, Cary, NC 27513
Cost: $50 for parents and coaches; $15 for athletes
Soccer fitness training tips from an MLS fitness coach! Learn how Athletic Lab co-owner and Vancouver Whitecaps fitness coach Dr. Mike Young has led the resurgent Whitecaps to become one of the fittest and fastest teams in the league. This 3 hour clinic will cover topics like:
- A science-based analysis of the physical demands of soccer….what do you really need to train?
- Developing soccer-specific endurance and speed
- How to develop repeat sprint ability
- Managing game and practice fatigue
- Daily, Pre-game, and During game nutrition for elite performance
- How to prevent injury AND improve performance at the same time
- When and how to mix technical / tactical practice with fitness training
- Long-term athlete development for age-group, collegiate soccer and beyond
- Planning fitness training during the off-season
- Fitting in fitness training during the busy in-season
- Weight training for the soccer athlete during the off-season and in-season
Don’t miss out! Sign up today.
Mike Young, PhD started Athletic Lab in 2008 and has been training elite level athletes for the past decade. He is widely recognized as one of the foremost sport performance coaches in the world. He was the fitness coach for the Carolina Railhawks during their 2 championship years (2010 & 2011) and has recently helped the Vancouver Whitecaps go from being the worst team in the MLS in 2011 to one of the best this season. He is a prolific author and researcher, having published multiple books, book chapters, research publications and websites. His site FitForFutbol.com has quickly become one of the top resources on the web for soccer fitness tips. He has presented over 1,000 hours on athletic development in 3 countries and consults with various national governing bodies (USA Speed Skating, Chinese Olympic Committee, USA Track & Field). Read Mike’s full bio HERE.