Athletic Lab in 2012
Athletic Lab had a banner year in 2011 thanks to our amazing members. We’re looking forward to making 2012 even better and we’re excited to be improving our offerings to ensure that our equipment and services always meet the highest standards possible. We’ve recently taken member polls to determine what we’re doing well and what we need to improve upon. We’ve even formed a panel of some of our most regular members to help us improve our service and coaching. When you speak, we listen!
Additionally, we’re adding more equipment to what is already one of the most well-equipped sport performance training center in the country. We either have or will shortly the following new equipment:
- Over 200 lbs of additional “change” plates for our Olympic lifting stations
- A climbing rope for our massive pullup rig
- 9 additional kettlebells (almost doubling our existing set)
- More mini-hurdles that are used for agility training and in the WODs of our CF/Performance Fitness classes
- More elastic bands to be used for resistance in some exercises as well as assistance on pullups
- A BodyMetrix Ultrasound system for quickly and accurately determining a person’s body composition
In addition to equipment, we’re also adding more services. On Saturday’s we plan to hold Yoga for Athletes sessions. This Saturday is the first session and it’s FREE for all to try. These sessions will be lead by Reuben Schooler and cost $15 each or $54 for 4 sessions following this first week. We also now offer full body composition screening using the Bodymetrix system and should be adding additional class slots to the CrossFit / Performance Fitness, and possible the Scholastic classes shortly.