Athletic Lab’s Dr. Mike Young recently provided a workshop on “Science and Practice of Athletic Development for soccer.” The 2 day event featured over 20 coaches. The event was hosted by Rehab & Perform and took place in Brussels, Belgium.
Mike provided both lectures and practical sessions over the course of the 2 day workshop. Sessions included:
- Neuromechanics of speed [Lecture]
- Fundamental concepts of COD and agility [Lecture]
- Designing warmups [Learn by doing]
- Fundamental concepts of periodization and monitoring for team sports [Lecture]
- Developing energy system fitness for team sports [Lecture]
- Integrating strength training for team sports athletes [Lecture]
- Developing speed for team sports [Lecture]
- Speed development [Learn by doing]
- Designing the session [Lecture]
- COD and agility development [Learn by doing]
Students learned key concepts for speed, strength and change of direction development as well as endurance related capacities.